Sunday, October 02, 2005

Streaming media

I've spent hours and hours this week creating a multi media presentation. I thought it should be easy to syncronize a powerpoint presentation to an audio track, but it was more difficult than I thought. The most difficult part was creating and editing an audio file appropriate to import into the presentation. My institution uses Macromedia Breeze which allowed me to syncronize the audio track with the slides, and convert the presentation into flash.

Here's the final result. It's a history of the Indiana State University Libary.

I noticed a LITA blog entry about the same topic (streaming media). Google and Yahoo have started to index streaming media (video) and Truveo has already spent some time on it. Our project at work includes some streaming video, and I hope that we can include more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home